Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TOSHA (Sweet Flour Rolls) for COOK and CLICK-3,

Tried and tasted by Nivedita 
Hi All,
Here is my THIRD recipe for the event   "Cook and Click" . This is for SEPTEMBER 1ST to SEPTEMBER 10TH. (I was supposed to post it yesterday itself, but from last night till today morning there was no power. 10pm to 10am!)
Al the festivals are in queue, the sweets are more the merrier. Here is one sweet, which is a Sindhi sweet. This is very easy, quick and can be stored for many days. Its perfect for kids snack box also.
I am taking this recipe from SINDHI COOKING by Anita Raheja, whose recipes I am following since my marriage.
I am giving as the recipe is written in the book.
You can reduce the quantity as per your need.
Serves - 30 Toshas
Cooking Time - 45 minutes

INGREDIENTS
For the Toshas
All purpose flour or maida - 250 gm
Cooking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1/2 cup(or little less)
Salt  - 1/2 tsp
Curd - 1/2 cup

For the Syrup
Sugar - 2 1/2 cups
Water - 3 cups

Method
Sieve the plain flour. Add salt and soda. Now alternatively add a spoonful of oil and curd in to the mixture and knead into a stiff dough. Make long thin rolls like kababs. Heat some oil, taking care not to overhear the oil. Slip in the rolls and fry them on a slow flame till golden in color.
For the Syrup:
Dissolve the sugar in water and boil the syrup till it thickens in consistency(it should be such that when the sugar syrup settles on the Toshas you immediately get a white sugary coating) Put a few Toshas at a time into the vessel and stir them in the syrup. Remove, cool and store in airtight containers.

Send the following details before SEPTEMBER 10TH to nivedita.mt@gmail.com with subject "COOK AND CLICK" :
your name, 
blog name, 
url of the link  and 
the photo attached.
Non bloggers can send the details to my mail.
NO need to retype the recipe. Just link back this one in your post. 
Please share your experience about this dish.
If you already got this recipe in your archive, share the experience.

Any suggestions, new ideas are welcome. 
(If you have any special recipe which you want cook with others here, you can send it to me. I will add it in the event with your details, whenever possible)

Keep Smiling,

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry dear, was too busy last week, so couldn't take part in sambal C&C. I will try my best to do this one :)

Panchpakwan said...

Looks so delicious..

Priya Suresh said...

Very interesting sweet rolls..

Hayley said...

Hey Nive..count me ! love your idea to add others recipe too..might be I'll send mine ..we'll look at it soon !

happy hosting ...

Padhu Sankar said...

Looks Delicious!!

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog