Sunday, June 13, 2010

Microwave Egg Less Coffee Cake and the sequel .....

Tried and tasted by Nivedita 
Hi All,
After I learnt baking the cake, I was wondering when will I start the baking as still I need to buy a oven that bakes the cake, bread and other stuff. 
Then I got this recipe from Divya, to bake the cake in Microwave.First, I did not believe that, one can bake the cake in Microwave!!! I could not wait to try this one!! and here it came the cake out of my Microwave.
It is a COFFEE CAKE! and I enjoyed the taste of coffee in each byte.


Here is the link : Coffee cake from Divya of  Dil Se..  Thank you Divya for such a wonderful recipe.
And the recipe in my blog :: First time, I followed exactly the way she has told with only adding more milk.
But Next time I tried adding 1 tsp coffee powder and one tsp cocoa powder and changed the way of mixing it and the baking time. Check out my version.
All Purpose flour or Maida - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup 
(But when I made it second time, I felt I should put some more sugar, as the cake was not so sweet)
So I added 1 tsp more sugar 
Baking powder - 1 pinch
Coffee powder - 2 tsp
(I used Nescafe)
(or, coffee powder - 1 tsp and Cocoa powder - 1tsp)
Salt - 1 pinch
Milk - 7 tbsp
(Divya has used 5 tbsp)
Oil - 1 tsp
Sieve all the dry flour in a bowl.  Add sugar  into it. Add all other ingredients and mix well until it blends well and sugar dissolves fully. You can use egg beater or hand mixer. With egg beater it takes more time.
Grease the Microwave safe bowl and dust it with maida. 
Pour the mix from the middle of the bowl to get even spread. 
YOU CAN USE ANY SIZE, ONLY MAKE SURE THAT THE MIX SHOULD BE 3/4TH OF THE BOWL.
Microwave at full power for 2 minutes. It depends on your Microwave power. Just observe the cake after one minute. If you feel its come up, open and check it with fork or a needle. Or even you can check it with pressing very gently on the cake. If you palm comes out clean and you feel the cake gets its shape back when you remove the hand, then it is done. 
Enjoy the cake with your choice of  decoration or filling!!!
Wait for my next cake recipe!!
Here is the photo of my next cake.....
I hope you all will wait to grab a piece of cake from this photo!!! 
 
Sending this to the event announcing-tried-and-tasted-event
by versatilekitchen.blogspot.com which is the brain child of  Zlamushka.

Keep Smiling, 

8 comments:

Rach said...

I'm not a coffee bug, but this one looks yummy :)

Priya Suresh said...

Cake looks soft and scrumptious..

Kiran said...

Wow Nivedita nice version of microwave coffee cake.Both the cake pics look very nice and moist.I sure would like to have piece.Thank you.

Jaishree Iyer said...

Cakes looks soft & yum .wish to have apiece:)

Padmajha said...

I love coffee and coffee cake in a microwave is something I will definitely try..Yummmm

Srivalli said...

Really looks great..Good to know you are now baking

Unknown said...

Glad you liked the cake. Looks delicious :)

Champa said...

Thanks for the entry Niveditha.

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog