Sunday, July 3, 2011

Black Forest Cake

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
This week, My blog is celebrating the CAKE WEEK. The reason is again the event. As I got stuck in the house work, I could not post regularly and my cake photos left behind. Now is the time for me to post all the cakes.
Today is the day for Black forest cake, which is my favorite... everyone's favorite in my house. And who does not like this one?
And when it comes to baking, I am a very good copycat.. I always follow the recipe from other blogs. But this time it was the recipe which I learnt in my baking class. I have collected many more versions of Black forest cake recipes, which I am going to try soon. The reason is I got the Whipped cream powder which was not available all these days. Its a wonder powder. Just add some chilled water and whip it with the blender. Wooo... you have a yummy whipped cream...
I am not sure about the reason why my cake was hard, may be it was more baking powder or old baking powder, I felt its not that soft.. may be will try soon again to find out the mistake.

The recipe is here: (I have edited it according to my taste)
Ingredients:
Cocoa powder - 1/8 cup
APF - 1/4 cup
Eggs -2
Sugar(Granule) - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda -  a pinch
Hot water 1 tbsp(If required)
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Sugar syrup - 1/8 cup to soak the cake(mix equal qty of water and sugar and mix well)
Whipped cream - 1 cup
Cherries-  1/2 cup, one boil, remove seeds. Chop few cherries to spread and keep few cherries full to decorate.

Method :

  • Whisk egg, sugar and vanilla essence over hot water till custard consistency. 
  • Add Sieved APF, cocoa powder, baking powder and a baking soda.
  • Mix it. Add little water. Mix and cut. 
  • Put in a greased and dusted 6inch tin and bake in a preheated over at 180 degree for 30 minutes. RElease sides. Remove and cool.
  • Cut in to 2 equal halves with a thread and soak with sugar syrup.
  • If you have a ready whipped cream thats fantastic., or if you have whipped cream powder prepare the cream by adding water and keep it ready in the refrigerator for half an hour.
  • Now
  • take the first half of the cake.  Apply the cream, Spread chopped cherries. 
  • Keep the second half of the cake on it. Soak with sugar syrup. Apply the cream again. 
  • Decorate with the cherries and grated chocolate(I did not had chocolate :-(  )
  • Keep in the fridge for sometime before you serve.


Sending it to the ongoing event 
Which is started by ME.

Celebrate Sweets - Cakes




Keep Baking :-)))


Keep Smiling,

11 comments:

harini-jaya said...

its a dream for me to bake a black forest! I am going to bake it too.. soon!

If you please, send it across to the event at my space too..
http://tamalapaku.blogspot.com/2011/06/only-baked-goods-event-announcement.html

Madhu said...

Nice cake Nivedita. Home made one's are always delicious compared to store bought one's.

Ms.Chitchat said...

Nice cake, very tempting, sure to taste good too.

Torviewtoronto said...

deliciously done dessert looks wonderful

Oriyarasoi said...

OMG...what a delicious cake!!!!

Indian Khana said...

Looks yum ...liked that u boil the cherries ..

Mina Joshi said...

Wow - the cake looks delicious. I am hopeless at baking!

Hari Chandana P said...

OMG... Delicious looking cake dear.. Simply inviting.. Thanks for sharing :)
Indian Cuisine

Nivedita Thadani said...

Thanks all
@ Minaji,
I too used to think the same way, but I am getting confidence now :-)))

Unknown said...

I am going to eagerly wait for all your posts this week.

FUMIGATION OF BEDBUGS said...

yum most people love the black forest in the Fancy Bakers Shop we usually have a variety of black forest we usually run out of black forest because most people come for the cake in a day we can bake about ten cakes and still some order for them till next day but for the Nivedita that's a very beautiful cake and looks very tasty.

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog